Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Daily Report : Final Test (English Ver.)


June 6th 2018
Today I had my final test and after this I’ll be on my 3rd semester and there will be freshmen. Time flies so fast! So, today for my final test there are 10 people of us. We came at 8 A.M. and we oneline in cold kitchen. Then, Mr. Jaya came in and raffled who will handle the appetizer, soup, main course, and dessert. And I got soup. By the way, for today we served Thailand food, which are :
1.      Thai beef salad (appetizer)
2.      Tom yam goong (soup)
3.      Gai tod takrai with khau plao and yam makeua yo (main course)
4.      Khao neow ma muany (dessert)
I got the soup, so I handled the tom yam goong. First, we thawing the shrimp. While waiting for the shrimp, we boil the water and prepare the mirepoix for making the shrimp stock. Then, we peeled the shrimp, separated it from its flesh and its skin. After that, we saute the mirepoix with shrimp’s skin and pour it into the boiled water, then skimmer and simmer. 


Then we took a break until 11.30 A.M.
11.30 A.M. back in kitchen, we started we started doing right away. And since my stock wasn’t that “coloured”, so I added more shrimp’s skin. While waiting for the stock, I blanched the shrimp’s flesh. After that, strained the stock and pour in the main ingredients : tom yam paste, tamarind paste, kaffir lime leaves, chilli, lemongrass, and galangal. 


Around 3 P.M. we finished, so we started plating one by one, then explained one by one in office.

Thai Beef Salad
Tom Yam Goong
Gai Tod Takrai with Khau Plao and Yam Makeua Yo
Khao Neow Ma Muany

Finished with our final test, we started general cleaning right away. General cleaning finished, we waited for break fasting. 6 P.M. break fasting together. Finished break fasting, we mopped the floor cause it was dirty again. After that, we oneline there were few information from Mr. Ical. 8.30 P.M. we pray and we may go home.

No comments:

Post a Comment