Friday, March 15, 2019

Internship I


Today on January 21st, my internship has begin. I applied my internship in Le Meridien Hotel, Jimbaran, Bali. I’ll tell you about my internship for the first and second week. I came at 9 A.M. and one of the HRD took us around the hotel to take a look. After a little orientation, I went to the kitchen and since I was still new so I didn’t know what to do and everyone seems busy. Not long after that, there was one staff who asked me to cleaned the chiller because audit would come to check. So, I did as she asked, together with one my friend who also applied his internship in this hotel. That was how my first day went.
The next few days we came at 5 A.M. and we just helped staff and other trainee, and also cleaning chiller. The chef won’t let us be at the showing kitchen because he thought we’re not capable yet. So, for few days we came at 5 A.M. to set up breakfast, and when the guests started to came we went to chiller to cleaned it. After finished cleaning, back to bamboo chic (the restaurant’s name) and helped to clean up. Next, helping prepare for the next days.
After few days just cleaning and helping, the chef finally let us to be at the show kitchen and handle eggs, noodles, or fruits. Sometimes I helped the egg dishes or noodles but mostly I helped cutting fruits. This was my first week.
The second week, I was transferred to bakery section. First day in bakery, I came at 4 A.M. I was taught by the staff what to do when I come. Took all the preparation from chiller, put the doughnut into proofer, heat the bread, turn the oven on, etc. Next, went to bamboo chic to set up pastry and bakery for breakfast. After breakfast done, took all the leftover, if it’s still good keep it for the next day. Back to pastry and clean up. After that, the staff taught me how the ingredients of baguette.
Next day, came at 4 A.M. again and I prepared all the pastry and bakery for breakfast. After that, went to bamboo and set it up. Back in pastry and prepared for back up. At 8 A.M. went to bamboo to refill the bakery or pastry if it’s almost sold out until 11 A.M. breakfast done, cleaned up, back to pastry. In pastry, staff asked me to help her make dough for French toast. Finish with French toast, another trainee who was in bakery section longer than me, taught me how to make pastry cream. After making pastry cream, it was already 1 P.M. my work time was over.
Next day, just the same I came at 4 A.M. prepared, set up, prepared back up, refill in bamboo, at 11 A.M. closing, cleaned up, back to pastry. Back in pastry the staff taught me the ingredienst for doughnut. The doughnut in this hotel is really famous, it’s always sold out.










No comments:

Post a Comment