Friday, December 14, 2018

FINAL TEST : Ala Carte II (English Ver.)


December 13th 2018
So, today I’ve had my final test and after this i’ll be in 4th semester yey. For my final test today, I served ala carte II and I handled the soup, pho bo and potato chowder. I’ve prepared the ingredients I needed from yesterday so today I don’t have to work in a rush, and also my friend helped me. I’ve prepared the spice paste for pho bo, cut the potatoes into dice and chop onion for potato chowder. I came at 7 A.M. and I immediately took all my preparation out from chiller and took the utensil I’ll need. Simmer the white and brown stock, blanched the meat, saute the spice paste. Not long after that, my friend who helped me came and she helped me to make potato chowder cause she has made this soup several times.
While my friend making the potato chowder, I helped to saute the filling of potato chowder; bacon, onion, and celery. After finished saute, I continued making pho bo, pour in the spice paste into brown stock and seasoning with salt pepper. After that, I pour hot water into the rice glass noodle. For pho bo, the filling are; meat and rice glass noodle. Next, I checked on potato chowder and helped my friend seasoning it with salt and pepper. Then, we tasted it to make sure the taste was good. Sure the taste was good and it was already 11 A.M. and Mr. Ical wanted us to explained in office, I pour the soup into the soup cup and presented it to Mr. Ical.

Pho Bo
Potato Chowder

1 P.M. resto was opened and the food was served one by one. Suddenly Mr. Ical called me and told me that tomorrow we’ll eat rendang and chicken so he wanted me to prepare the ingredients. So, I asked my friend to helped me butchering the meat and chicken. After that, I prepared the red spice paste for rendang. When the meat was ready, I immediately made the rendang because rendang took a lot of time. 


I made it today, so tomorrow I’ll only simmer the rendang. Resto was closed and we’ve finished our final test, we started general cleaning right away. 3 P.M. general cleaning finished then we had lunch together. Around 5.30 P.M. we oneline and there were few advice from Mr. Ical before we leave for our internship. Last, we took picture together cause it’ll be our last day in kitchen until 5th semester.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment