Monday, November 5, 2018

Daily Report : Ala Carte I, 3rd Week Day-1 (English Ver.)


November 5th 2018
Today, back again in practice week. As usual we started at 8 A.M. We started oneline and first supervisor divided our section. Last time I was in cold kitchen so this time we’re moving to main kitchen. This week we’ll make menu ala carte I again. So my team in main kitchen will handle; soup and main course, which are :
Japanese Clear Soup with Shrimp
Puree of Pumpkin Soup
***
Sushi Plater
Tuna Carpacio with Hollandaise Sauce, Duchesse Potatoes, and Saute Jardiniere Vegetables
Lamb Steak with Rosemary and Garlic, Colcannon, Vegetable Tagliatelle
Moules Mariniere with Gratin Dauphinoise and Creamed Spinach

Not long after that, Mr. Ical came and explained about the menu and he scolded us a little because we’ve made a few mistakes. And also Mr. Ical gave us assignment that we have to understand the terminology in menu ala carte I and we have to explain it tomorrow in front of Mr. Ical. After that, we were permitted to started our preparation for tomorrow. Since my team handled soup and main course, and there are 6 of us so we divided our dish, and I handled the moules mariniere. The main ingredient of this dish is mussel. I asked one of my friends in butcher to help me because I’ve never done this menu before so I asked her to teach me how.
First, I ordered mussels in butcher. After the mussels were cleaned, I steamed the mussels for 10 minutes. 





Then, I wrapped and kept it in chiller. Next, I prepared the spice for the mussels, the spice are : shallots, onions, and parsley. After that, my friend made puree from vegetables for plating the mussels tomorrow. 


Finished with mussels preparation I helped my friend who was making lunch for us because she wanted to go to mosque. After making lunch, we started general cleaning first. Because Mr. Ical said that he wanted the kitchen has been cleaned before 4, if we didn’t finish by that time we’ll get punishment. So we did general cleaning immediately. After general cleaning finished, we had lunch and after lunch we oneline, we pray, and we may go home.

No comments:

Post a Comment